Thursday, June 23, 2011

Education Is Like Becoming A Parent


I recently became a mother, and from the time that I found out I was pregnant, to the present, I have not stopped learning new things, changing my thoughts about how to be a good mother, making sure my daughter is learning and developing correctly, working with the people around me to help me manage my new hectic life, and so on.

Being an educator is a lot like becoming a parent. As a teacher, you are constantly adapting to new situations with your students learning abilities in order for them to reach their educational goals. You also have to work with students, and their parents in order to ensure that students are reaching their full potential. As a teaching professional, we always have to research new techniques and teaching strategies much like being a parent.

Teachers, as well as parents, develope relationships with the kids in their lives. These bonds are different, but are both significant. Teachers must develop a relationship with their students in order for them to feel comfortable enoough to share their opinions and thoughts in the classroom.


Both being a parent and being in the education system are huge responsibilities, that take a lot of work, constant attention, keeping an open mind, and a caring personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment