Monday, June 13, 2011

Hot Topic! Nutrition In Schools

I am not only interested in educating young people, nutrition and health are also very important to me. I have recently been following Jamie Oliver's mission to provide better food in LA schools. I want to know why school systems are preventing better foods from being provided to their students. 
I wanted to learn more about his specific food revolution and the reasons why it started. I read on his website that children today are dying earlier than their parents due to childhood obesity from processed foods. His overall mission is to bring "home" cooking back into the home and slowly eliminate the availability of processed foods.

He wants to set up community kitchens in order to provide a place families can learn to cook together, as well as eventually promote change in large food corporations in order to have them produce their foods in a healthier way.

I completely agree with this movement! I love how passionate Jamie is about childhood obesity, it is a HUGE problem in today's society. Everything is about the now, especially food. More and more parents are choosing to order take out then cook for their families, mostly because of saving time. I believe it is important to bring kids into the kitchen as young as possible to teach them good eating habits they will keep with them for life. A healthy child is a happy one, and leaves even more room for teaching eliminating the worries of health problems.

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment