Thursday, June 30, 2011

Goodbye EDU 100!

I can say with certainty that this course impacted how I look at the education system, and my decision to change my career goal. It was not how the class was run, but the topics and issues that this course forced me to research that changed my mind. I believe a lot of work has to be done to the education system in order for children to gain anything from their education today. It is almost as is we are cheating today's students out of an education simply because we are not able to decide what is best for them, which in their eyes, is our duty as authority figures and adults.

I enjoyed my time observing in classrooms and interacting with students of varying ages, I know that I will remember that experience for the rest of my life. Being able to talk with my fellow classmates and hear their opinion on the issues that stuck me allowed me to see different point of views. I enjoyed reading about others opinions, similar and different from mine. From looking at my peers blogs, I was really impressed with just how passionate they were about the topics we discussed. It feels good to know that others as startled and hurt by the problems with education in today's schools, as well as the good things that are happening for the students.

I really enjoyed blogging and sharing my thoughts with all of you! I hope to continue this blog and maybe continue to interact with some of my classmates in the future. Enjoy the rest of the summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment